Wednesday 20 January 2010

Starting a mobile ESL group

In a previous post I mentioned that I wanted to start an experimental mobile ESL group with some of the students at my school. Well, I spoke to the management and they've given me the go-ahead to try it out.

I am still not sure exactly what format the group will take or what exactly I am going to do with the students, but I want to make sure that it really does explore the unique qualities that mobile learning has over other types of learning. For me, those things are learning on the move, constant connection with peers/tutors/classmates, learning in bitesized chunks, ability to share, create and exchange material and ideas.

Over the next weekend I am planning to formulate a plan for what I am going to do with them. Any suggestions would be welcome, though I get the feeling this blog is reverbarating in an echo chamber here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment